Advanced Placement (AP) guarantees transfer credit to ease the transition from high school to college, as well as between and among Ohio’s public colleges and universities. AP courses allow student who earn minimum required exam scores, equivalent transfer course credit to assist with program completion requirements.
What You Need to Know
- Students who obtain an AP exam score of 3 or above will be awarded the aligned courses(s) and credits for the AP exam area(s) successfully completed.
- General education courses and credits received will be applied towards graduation and will satisfy a general education requirement if the courses(s) to which the AP area is equivalent fulfill a requirement.
- If an equivalent course is not available for the AP exam area completed, elective or area credit will be awarded in the appropriate academic discipline and will be applied towards graduation where such elective credit options exist within the academic major.
- Additional course or credits may be available when a score of 4 or 5 is obtained by students. Award of credit for higher score values vary depending on the institution and academic discipline.
- In academic disciplines containing highly dependent sequences (Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics- SEM) students are strongly advised to confer with the college/university advising staff to ensure they have the appropriate foundation to be successful in advanced coursework within the sequence.
Related Opportunities for Credit
- Transfer Assurance Guides (TAGs) – Provides guaranteed transfer credit for specific pre-major/beginning major coursework
- Ohio Transfer 36 – Provides guaranteed transfer of general education coursework among Ohio’s public institutions
- Ohio Guaranteed Transfer Pathways – Provides a clear path to associate degree completion and then to bachelor’s degree completion in a related major
- Career-Technical Assurance Guides - Provides guaranteed transfer of credit for approved career-technical coursework taken through an Ohio high school, career-technical center, or Ohio Technical Center
- Military Transfer Assurance Guides - Provides guaranteed transfer credit for education completed through the military
- Industry-Recognized Credential Transfer Assurance Guides - Provides guaranteed transfer credit for the attainment of approved industry-recognized credentials
Explore Your Transfer Options
The Transfer College Credit search allows students to determine which AP courses transfer to various Ohio public institutions of higher education. You can keep search requests as broad or as specific depending on your educational aspirations.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions