Career-Technical Assurance Guides (CTAGs)
CTAGs award college credit for career-technical coursework taken in high school or at a career-technical institution. You are eligible to earn college credit at an Ohio public college or university if you have completed approved career-technical courses in high school or at an Ohio Technical Center.
What You Need to Know
- Students have an opportunity to earn college credit for approved career-technical courses taken in high school or at an Ohio Technical Center.
- You must successfully complete the approved course and earn a qualifying score on the corresponding End-of-Course examination to be eligible for CTAG credit.
- You must enroll at an institution of higher education with an approved comparable program within three years after completing the approved secondary program.
- You can grant permission for colleges and universities to post CTAG credit when you take the End-of-Course exam. Credit will then be posted automatically when you later enroll at a public college or university in Ohio.
- If you did not grant permission when taking the End-of-Course exam, you should follow up with the Office of Admissions or the Registrar at your college or university.
- To qualify for credit for some CTAG courses, you will need to provide evidence to your college or university of a credential that you earned in your career-technical program.
Other Opportunities for Credit
- Industry Recognized Credential Transfer Assurance Guides – Provides guaranteed transfer credit for the attainment of approved industry-recognized credentials
- One-Year Option – Provides guaranteed transfer of technical credit to be applied to an Associate of Technical Study for the completion of a career-technical program at an Ohio Technical Center or career-technical high school and attainment of an industry-recognized credential
- Ohio Transfer 36 – Provides guaranteed transfer of general education coursework among Ohio’s public institutions
- Transfer Assurance Guides – Provides guaranteed transfer credit for specific pre-major/beginning major coursework
- Military Transfer Assurance Guides – Provides guaranteed transfer credit for education completed through the military
- Ohio Guaranteed Transfer Pathways – Provide a clear path to associate degree completion and then to bachelor’s degree completion in a related major
Explore Your Transfer Options
This tool offers a comprehensive listing of approved CTAG programs and courses that can be transferred to Ohio public institutions. You can search by program and school district with the option to view specific colleges or a listing of all institutions that have equivalent courses.
Email email@example.com with any questions.