Industry Recognized Credential Transfer Assurance Guides (ITAGs)
Industry Recognized Credential Transfer Assurance Guides (ITAGs) guarantee the awarding of college credit for anyone who holds one or more approved industry-recognized credentials, regardless of how and where the credentials were earned. If you are looking to earn a college degree that builds upon your prior learning or work experience, ITAGs are the perfect opportunity to earn credit for demonstrated skills.
What You Need to Know
- Anyone who holds a current credential that is approved for ITAG credit is eligible to earn college credit, regardless of how they learned the skills required to pass the credentialing exam.
- A credential must be current in order to qualify for ITAG credit. The duration of a credential’s currency can vary, so you should consult with the organization that awarded your credential to ensure that it is still valid.
- To access ITAG credit, you will need to provide the Office of Admissions or the Registrar at your Ohio public college or university of interest with proof of your credential. Contact that office to ask how to provide this proof of your credential.
- If you are looking to earn a college degree that builds upon your prior learning or work experience, ITAGs are the perfect opportunity to earn credit for demonstrated skills.
Other Opportunities for Credit
- Career-Technical Assurance Guides – Provides guaranteed transfer of credit for approved career-technical coursework taken through an Ohio high school, career-technical center, or Ohio Technical Center
- One-Year Option – Provides guaranteed transfer of technical credit to be applied to an Associate of Technical Study for the completion of a career-technical program at an Ohio Technical Center or career-technical high school and attainment of an industry-recognized credential
- Ohio Transfer 36 – Provides guaranteed transfer of general education coursework among Ohio’s public institutions
- Transfer Assurance Guides – Provides guaranteed transfer credit for specific pre-major/beginning major coursework
- Military Transfer Assurance Guides – Provides guaranteed transfer credit for education completed through the military
- Ohio Guaranteed Transfer Pathways – Provide a clear path to associate degree completion and then to bachelor’s degree completion in a related major
Explore Your Transfer Options
This tool offers a comprehensive listing of approved credentials that can award ITAGs credit at Ohio public institutions. You can search by credential with the option to view specific colleges or a listing of all institutions that have equivalent courses.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.